"Inspire congregations to reduce the costs of operating their facilities."
We guide congregations to use measurably less energy, to purchase energy at lower cost, and to anticipate and prevent problems with mechanical and electrical systems within their buildings.
Our mutual goal is to create money for community service while practicing environmental stewardship.
(READ BELOW PLEASE)
ICE is guided by the following five principles:
- Organize as a non-profit project within Philadelphia's religious community.
- Gather measured energy data from each building, and follow where the data lead.
- Represent only the best interests of congregations.
- Develop a copyright-free legacy of research and reports that can be used when non-renewing energy becomes less abundant and more costly.
- Seek funding only from people of faith – congregations and denominations – rather than from corporations, foundations, utilities or governments.